verse of the day

Friday 5 January 2018

Help me Lord. ( Philippians 1 v 6 )


                                                        A prayer.

                                          Dear master,in whose life I see
                                          All that I would, but fail to be,
                                          Let thy clear light for ever shine,
                                          To shame and guide this life of mine.

                                          Though what I  dream, and what I do
                                           In my weak days are always two,
                                           Help me oppressed by things undone,
                                           O thou, whose deeds and dreams were one.
                                                         
                                                       ( Words by John Hunter )
                                       

No comments: