verse of the day

Tuesday 30 January 2018

God is infinite ( Psalm 146 )

Its unfortunate that where I live, it is hard to see many stars, because of light pollution,but  sometimes in spite of that one can occasionally see more ,than usual. So I got my little binoculars out and looked up, and to my surprise I saw clearly three stars in a row.I was sure that there was a name for this formation, so I went in doors and looked at my little book called,'Stargazing with Binoculars', and discovered that they were called , Orion, my son said they were known as ,Orion's Belt. Looking up at the sky at night, has always fascinated me, but what astounds me is the vastness of the universe,billions of stars, hanging there in space.It is truly amazing that God made every last star and knows them by name (  Psalm 147 v 4 ).    He is a God of infinite knowledge in seeking to reassure His disciples, and us, He told them and us,'' And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid.'' The old Gospel song declared,'His eye is on the sparrow, and I  know He watches me''.A lady who was in dire straits  ,declared,'' You are the God who sees me''. ( Genesis 16 v 13 ). He saw Joseph when he was in prisoner,(  Genesis 39 )  and He saw Jonah in the belly of a great fish ( Jonah  1 v 17  / 2 v 1 - 10 ) He saw David in all his trouble ( Psalm 23 ). Now here is the wonderful truth, He sees everyone of His children, that means you, and that means me. We are never out of his sight, never to far from Him that He does not see us or hear us,we are never alone ,or forsaken,so do not be afraid.
                                                       Psalm 121 v 1- 2
                                 I lift up my eyes to the hills,where does my
                                 help come? My help come from the Lord,
                                  the Maker of heaven ,and earth.

No comments: