verse of the day

Monday 22 January 2018

Equality . ( Luke 7 v 36 - 50 )

We where watching a DVD on equality, afterwards our home group,discussed it, we touched on many things,going back to ancient Greece.As one considers the subject of equality we see how wide spread it was and sadly still is. I remember years ago sitting in barbers having ,my hair cut.Then I heard the barber speaking to a man with his children, he was one of the travelling people.The barber saw them as inferior and treated them as such, maybe I should have said something, but I didn't but let me say this I did not look at those people like the barber.The whole of history is full of inequality, and of course  it will always  be somewhere. It is an evil that lies buried in the heart of all mankind, it is borne out of pride, we feel that we are better than the other person. pride wherever it raises its head is always a sin.How are we to look at pride, a pride that causes us to think we are better than others,the fact is we are not, for the Christian  never forgets that they are sinners saved by grace. Just imagine you lived in Corinth, now Corinth was a very wicked place full, sexually immoral,idolaters,                 male prostitutes , homosexuals,thieves,drunkards,slanders.Consider that someone witnessed to you in the street and you became a Christian,and then you went to the local fellowship, and the place was full of  people listed,and they have trusted Christ and turned from their evil ways,and you are told  they are your brothers and sisters,  how would you feel?.                                         
                                             Naught have I gotten,but what I received,
                                             Grace hath bestowed it,since I believed,
                                             Boasting excluded, pride I abase,
                                             I'm only a sinner, saved by grace
                                                     ( Words Dr. James. Martin Gray

No comments: