verse of the day

Saturday 6 January 2018

Amazing love ( Romans 5 v 1 - 8 )


 My mind goes back many years, as we walked to church,we saw a lady who attended our church she was upset,said something which I did not quite understand. When we got to church we found out that a dear Christian had died in an accident, his name was Sam . He was a leader in our churches youth organisation,he and some young people had gone away for the weekend,they where going up the famous mountains of Mourne. As they where climbing over some rock Sam's son went to fall Sam managed to stop him, but in the process he fell,  seriously injuring himself,he later went to be with Jesus , He died saving his son,paid the price, for he loved his son,because he died, his son lived. All this reminds me of what our Saviour did, on the cross He died that I might live, He died because He loved me.
                                                   
                                           And can it be that I should gain
                                           An interest in the Saviour's blood?
                                           Died He for me, who caused Him pain?
                                           For me, who him to death pursued?
                                           Amazing love, How can it be
                                           That Thou , my God,shouldst die for me?

                                                       ( Charles Wesley )


No comments: