verse of the day

Saturday 1 March 2008

Not just an number.[ John 3 v 16]

In the age that we live in. we continually hear on T.V. or read in the news papers numbers, particularly in relation, to natuaral disasters, of the number of people who have been injured or killed, here is a number I heard yesterday, on the radio, in South Africa there is reported to be at least ,53,000 people who are raped every year, a vast number are children, this is astounding, mind blowing. I cannot grasp such wide spread abuse, it is easy to just gloss over the numbers, but let us remember, that we live in a world were many people are suffering abuse, not just in South Africa, vast numbers of people, in every country of the world, are suffering some kind of abuse.Let me say this,they are not just numbers , they are precious souls , whom God loves, mybe you have suffered some kind of abuse, God loves you, so much He allowed His Son, to be abused , and to be nailed to a cross, in order to save you, to make you whole, we cannot change the past, but we can embrace the love of God through Jesus, and this love can transform us. [ Father I thank you that I not just a number, or statistic, I am a person whom you love, loved me so much, that Jesus died for me, Amen]

No comments: