verse of the day

Sunday 9 March 2008

A Prisoner. [Psalm 27.]

I was reading Psalm 27, what a wonderful word we have from God, it opens with these words, The Lord is my light and my salvation-so why should I be afraid?.Speak those words over to yourself continually, let them take root in your heart, when fear comes in,, chase it out with those words, I know from experience how easily fear can take root, how you wake up in the middle of the night,and dwell on a problem , and fear overcomes us.I pass on these words which I read in my study Bible, [Fear is a dark shadow that envelops us and ultimately imprisons us within ourselves ] let us remind ourselves ,that because the Lord is our light and salvation we need not to be a prisoner of fear.[ Father I am so often attacked by situations and circumstances that can cause me to become a prisoner of fear, forgive me and grant me the grace of faith that will enable me to live free from fear, I ask this in Jesus name, Amen]

No comments: