verse of the day

Thursday 6 March 2008

But it is cold [Revelation 3v14-22]

I am often reminded that swimming is good for me, I can swim, just about , but the fact is I rarely swim , because no matter how much people lie to me , come on in ,it is lovely, I know from experience that the water is cold. I do not like the cold , either cold people, or cold weather, I suppose many people feel this way as to the weather,and that is why of course many go to live in sunny Spain. As I write this I am reminded of a Chritian I knew many years ago, in Belfast, he was on fire for God, but then something happened, he lost the fire, he became cold towards God, I did not judge him but it made me cry. [Father it is so easy to slip away from You , so easy to let slip the things that matter, our relationship with You, in Your mercy keep us, dont let us become spiritually cold, for the sake of Your dear son I ask this, Amen.]

No comments: