verse of the day

Friday 7 March 2008

Hurdles [2 Timothy 4 v 7-8 ]

Often when writing about the Christian life the apostle Paul likens it unto an athletic event,like me, you may never have participated in athletics. The hurdles always appears to be difficult to me , running and stretching, and if you get it wrong you knock over the hurdle, and in the process fall , and you are out of the race. There are Christians , who stumble and fall at particular hurdles, and it appears they are out of the race, no longer going on with Christ, when I was young,this happened to me, mybe it has happened to you also, the good news is, we can as I did come back into the race, and even finish it, Peter the apostle fell flat on his face, when he denied his Lord, but the Lord forgive him and restored him by His outrageous grace. [Father help us all, to not despair, when we fall at particular hurdles in life, in thy mercy forgive , and restore us , in Jesus name.]

No comments: