verse of the day

Friday 30 August 2024

The cross ( Romans 12 v1 -2 )

 When on holiday a number of years go I  bought a braclet for my wife,it ia made of leather with a round metal  inset ,with a cross on it.My wife give to me, so I am wearing it ,I hope it will arouse somebody's curiosity,and ask me about it, and so give me an opportunity to witness. Many people wear crosses,some wear then as a fashion accessory being devorced from any religious significance. There are some Christians feel uneasy about anyone wearing a cross,I wonder why?.I have said I hope me wearing this bracelet wiill be a tool in evangelisim,let's hope and pray it will be.I also hope as I look at it,its significance will bear in on  me, Fanny Crosby wrote a lovely hymn,here is a verse from it,'Near the cross! O Lamb of God, bring its scenes before me; Help me walk from day to day,with its shadow o'er me'.the cross speaks of many things,it speaks of forgiveness,reminding us we have been forgiven, so we must forgive,it speaks of the wonderful love we have experienced from God,and so we must also love,it speaks to us of one who died for us sinners,and that we must die daily to sin, it speaks to us of humility,of one who was equal to God and became a servant,reminding us that we are called to serve. So one could go on and on reminding us ,of all that the cross stands for ,challenging us each day to live day by day in its shadow.

No comments: