verse of the day

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Escapism ( Luke 15 v 11 ff)

An actress asked herself a question,as to why a certain TV series she acted in was so popular?,here is her answer,''Its escapism. That was important in lockdown,but its still the case- the world hasn't got any better,has it?''I think it's true,when I was a little boy I loved the cinema,I even remember thinking,how wonderful to actually live in the cinema.it was all escapism.Looking  back on my childhood I cannot remember my father being violent,but my brothers and sister remembered .My mother left him ,with my brother, sister and me,life was difficult ,I suppose being very young I  could not process what was happening,and so I pushed it away. And so the cinema became my place of escape,that's the way it was for me,and for many people.The world has not got any better,the words of a song that was once popular,goes,  'Make the world go away',but of course it won't'.Some religious groups who profess to be Christians,teach that being a Christian ,will bring you wealth,health,  and prosperity,now that's escapisim ,but it's not what the Word of God teaches.Christianty is an escapism ,from what? well when we trust Christ as our Saviour, we escape the guilt of our sins,we escape sins power,and the consequences of our sins.Yes in the world we  will have tribulation,we will have trials,but by God's amazing grace we will be victorious.

No comments: