verse of the day

Friday 23 August 2024

No Giants ( Matthew 18 v 1 - 5) 1

 I want us to consider Jacob at a point when he was scared out of his wits,believing his brother Esau was coming to kill him and his family.( Read about t in Genesis 32.), .So he prayed  to God who had promised to look after him, he declares to God, 'I am unworthy',Jacob speaks for all of us,for we are all unworthy, we have no merits to claim befor God,He owe's us nothing,so it is when we come to God  seeking  His help we  are asking for His mercy to help us. Leupold points out that  ,'I am worthy can mean ,'I am little'.or I have always been little and still am'. I have a book called,'Four Spiritual Giants'. they never said that they were siritual giants.If we were able to ask them  , I'm sure they would  deney they were spiritual giants,and rightly so.It is the humble God chooses,it is the weak that God uses,it is the nobodies that God uses.Their greatness come from God,their strength comes from God,their holiness comes from God.Here is Jacob soon to be called Israel,and he says, 'I am unworthy, I am little,I have always been little,and  still am,'

                                                     'Just as I am without one plea,  

                                                      But that Thy blood was shed for me

                                                     And that Thou bidd'st me ome to Thee,

                                                     O Lamb of God I come!.

                                                           Words Charlotte Elliott.



                  


                                 

No comments: