verse of the day

Monday 19 August 2024

My Garden ( Isaiah 40 v 29 - 31 )

 I have just come in from my garden,it is lovely to sit in it and enjoy it,and its one the places were I talk to God,and am reminded of a favourite hymn of mine.Some people for whatever reason don't like  this song,but I have always loved it,it's called,' In the Garden',it is about meeting and having fellowship with God. It reminds me of our first parents whom God placed in a garden and met with His children(Genesis3 v8)how wonderful that must have been.My son Brian was speaking as regards communion with God ,having a quite time, and he asked the question ,'where is your garden?',what he was stressing was the importance of meeting with God.Most of my prayer time is intercession,but it also includes worship and talking to God,my time in the garden this morning was very precious and very sweet, I  even sang  part  of that song,here are some of the words'And the joy we share as we tarry there,none other has ever known'.But we cannot always stay in the garden,our Saviour before He faced His ordeal went to a garden to pray,He felt overwhelmed, and we read an angel came and strengthened Him( Lke 22 v 43 ).As we follow Jesus the challenge is great and demanding,we cannot stay in our garden wherever that may be,But as Jesus was strengthened so God will strenthen us in our waiting upon Him ,to face the challenges that we have before us.  

No comments: