verse of the day

Sunday 15 August 2010

A wake up call. [ Psalm 46 ]

Continually we are challenged as to where are security lies, things happened so quickly, they can make you feel very insecure. Just recently I have been taken by surprise by something, that has shaken me, but this also reminded me ,that my security lies in my God and Saviour. We Sing on Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand,but often in reality we have taken our eyes of Him. I could list a whole load of things that can cause us to lose sight of our Rock, but its only when those things whatever they are ,are threatened do we often get the message, and wake up to the reality that we have lost sight of where are security trully lies. Consider Job, Joseph, Jeremiah, men who lost everything, yet learned that only in God were they secure. We rejoice in the doctrine of eternal security, but many of us feel very insecure as to the here and now, today let us bring to our God all we feel threatened with, and trust in God to undertake,He will not fail us. [Father in Heaven in the midst of a changing world, we ask that You will help us, to trust only in You,to realize afresh that our security is in You and You alone, in Jesus name we ask this Amen]

No comments: