verse of the day

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Total harmony. [ Romans 12 v1-2]

Jesus never stepped outside the Fathers will, never once did He speak outside what God wanted Him to speak,never once did He not do, what God wanted Him to do. His life was in total harmony with the Fathers,and so everything He spoke and did ,pleased His Father.[Matthew 3v 17] Jesus says to those who are His, follow Me, and that is the challenge of the Christian life, to live a life of perfect harmony with God, always speaking what He wants us to speak, always doing what He wants us to do.In a hymn by Clara Scott, each verse reads,/Open my eyes,Open my ears,Open my mouth, Open my mind,she wants every aspect of her being to be in harmony with God. In this world ,that is in rebellion to God ,to live in total harmony with our God and Saviour is to open ourselves up to being misunderstood, they put Jesus on a cross. In the last verse of the Hymn Clara realizing what it may mean, responds by saying,/what shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead/.Lets be honest we all have fears especially if something is going to cost us ,when we take up our cross daily and follow Jesus, there will be a cost, yet if He is leading, we have nothing to fear.[ Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God, Thy will to see, open my eyes , illumine me, Spirit divine. Amen ]

No comments: