verse of the day

Tuesday 17 August 2010

My desire.[ Psalm 42 ]

Break Thou the bread of life, dear Lord to me. As Thou didst break the bread beside the sea. Beyond the sacred page, I seek Thee , Lord. My Spirit yearns for Thee , Thou living Word, so wrote Mary Lathbury. We need to feed our bodies, but we need also to feed our souls, we cannot exsist on the soaps, or cream buns, no, those things will not help us to live for Jesus. Mary wrote ,my spirit yearns for thee, can that be said of us?,is there a hungering and thirsting after righteousness. Jesus said, I am the bread of life [John 6v34], today may we feast on Him, for only in Him will we be satisfied, only in Him will we be strong, only in Him will be secure.A modern chorus goes, As the deer pants for the water, So my soul longs after You. You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship You. [ Dear Lord grant unto me a deeper desire for You Amen ]

No comments: