verse of the day

Monday 30 August 2010

I am not alone. [ Isaiah 41 v10 ]

The world can be a lonely place, even as a Christian we can feel alone, even in a crowd we can feel alone, but of course we are not alone,we may feel alone. The hymn writer wrote, / Im not alone while walking lifes pathway, I have a friend who walks along with me, Im not alone although Im often lonely, My Lord divine is by me constantly./ Those words appear to be contradictory, but they are not, for they stress two aspects of our Christian life that we will always have to contend with, Feelings and Faith. Our feelings can crush us, even destroy us if we let them, it is faith ,that can enable us to rise above our feelings, so today if we are feeling lonely, acknowledge it to God, and by faith, rest on His promise, that He is with us always [Matthew 28 v20 ] [ Dear God help me to grasp by faith that I am not alone, that you are with me today and every day, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: