verse of the day

Monday 9 August 2010

Chastening. [ Hebrews 12 v 5 - 13 ]

In revelation 3v19 we read ,/As many as I love , I rebuke and chasten/,no child likes the rod, no Christian enjoys being disciplined, and yet right throughout the scripture, we have the truth, of a loving heavenly Father,that chastises His Children. Why does God chasten us His children? because we need it, in Christ we are accepted by God,but there so many things in our personality, in our nature ,that are not acceptable.We all without exception have those bad habits, and tendencies that ,we cannot see,or refuse to see, but God see,s, so God deals with them.Jacob had his cheating, Moses had His temper,David had his lack of control, Peter had his rashness. Like them we all have something, no matter who we are, so God our Father, in love will chasten us, simply because we need it. [Dear Father, I admit I dont like being chastened, so today help me to accept the truth that ,that I need You to chasten me, because You love me, I ask this in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: