verse of the day

Friday 20 August 2010

Grow up.[1 Corinthians 13 v11]

When I was a child I loved going to the cinema, it was a place of escape for me, I remember , Flash Gordon, Hopalong Cassidy,and many others ,I still like going to the cinema occasionally. Also from an early age I loved to read, I remember reading ,Huck finn, and the adventures of Tom Sawyer, all these things entertained, like going to the circus, or the fun fair,they played a big part in my growing up. When we become Christians we are babes in Christ but of course we are meant to grow up, to move on , to become more mature, in our thoughts and manner. In writing to the Corinthians, the apostle Paul challenges the Christians to grow up, they where still acting like children in their behaviour, he speaks of them , being riddled with envy,strife and divisions, as being carnal.[ 1 Corinthians 3 v2-3]. In 2 Peter 3 v18 we are exhorted to grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. [ Dear God help me to grow up spiritually,to keep growing until You take me home to glory, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: