verse of the day

Sunday 8 August 2010

Trying or trusting. [ Romans 6 v23 ]

I try to edit my blog, but I find I usually miss something, it annoys me for I want to do it perfectly, and I realize it can be off-putting to my readers.I assembled a chest of drawers yesterday and did it perfectly,I also papered a bedroom, not totally pleased with the result. I also study for every sermon I preach, and when I preach it I am very conscience, when I make mistakes, I try for excellence continually, but fall short of it ,so often, but I will keep on trying.The Bible reminds us that no one lives a perfect life, no matter how much they try, and there are many who do try,there are even some ,who feel they do live a perfect life, but they dont. The word of God tells us clearly, that all,[ yes all ,that means you ,and me] have sinned and come short of the glory of God .[Romans 3 v23 ]. This is why Jesus came, He did live a perfect life,and His sacrificial death is what saves us, we can only be accepted by God, when we trust Him, and stop our futile efforts in trying to save ourselves, its not trying its trusting.[ Dear Lord Jesus,I give up my vain efforts to save myself, and trust you completly to save me, Amen ]

No comments: