verse of the day

Monday 23 August 2010

Help me.[Philippians 4 v13 ]

Help me are the two words I use when I pray , help me to be holy, help me with a given task, help me not to worry, help me to trust, help me to forgive, help me physical. These two words indicate a dependance on God to help , and rightly so,because I know that I am weak, and I need His help. People want to be independant, especially young people,they resent their parents authority,the story of the prodigal son [ Luke 15], shows the worse example, of a young man, who wanted to be independant, free to do what he wanted, what a mess he made of it. As Christians we need to be dependant on God, we need His help, if we are foolish enough to throw of our dependance on God, and reject His help, we need not be surprised, if things eventually go pear shaped. Let the words of Annie Sherwood be our prayer today.[ I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord,no tender voice like thine can peace afford. I need thee , O I need Thee, every hour I need Thee. O bless me now my Saviour, I come to Thee. Amen ]

No comments: