verse of the day

Monday 19 December 2016

So thats it [John 11 v25 ]

I was watching a comedy program about a person trying to think of a place
to scatter his aunts ashes. Ashes, is that all its about? ,it is a fair question likewise as one who has taken funerals, be it at a grave or  crematorium ,the question is still the same. I attended a cousin,s funeral ,and when it came to the graveside there was nothing said ,prayed, or read, it gave the impression  that was that. The death of a person appears to me as being unreal, the persons is there one moment, then they are gone ,it is real but on the other hand it is hard to get ones head around what has happened. It appears that Queen Victoria, found it very hard to come to terms with the loss of Prince Albert. I suppose I am touching on something that is very sensitive, so what can I say?. I write as a Christian, and as Christian I know that when a Christian dies, there is hope, when our body dies we go to heaven,[ John 17v 24] Then there will be a moment when Jesus comes back again,[ 14 V 1-3], then something wonderful will happen, all those who died whatever way, will miraculously , be resurrected, with new new transformed bodies, and will forever be with the Lord.[ 1 Corinthians 15 v 35-49]
                                                
                                         A  prayer.
Dear God words fail us to adequately to praise You for the hope we have as Christians, that we hope that goes beyond our deaths ,because of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: