verse of the day

Thursday 29 December 2016

Blessed. [ Matthew 12 v 50 ]

I was reading the paper, when my eyes fell on a picture of people living in the state of Acre in Brazil. They were people who resented outsiders because they brought diseases and took land. Why this picture interested me
went back to a time in my Christian life, when I felt God was calling me and my family to go there and serve Him. At that time I belonged to a church which was missionary orientated. One of the ex-pastors, had founded the Acre Gospel mission, and so a work began, A couple from this church had gone out to Acre, but on their way there they both became ill, and the wife died. The husband was told he needed to go home because of his illness ,but he didn't, He believed Gods call was still on his life, he was a very gifted man, and God used him, to establish churches, For the rest of his
life he served God in Brazil, until he went to be with the Lord, his name may not appear in ,whose ,who book of fame,but we are told,''Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.......they will rest from their labour,for their deeds will follow them''[Revelation 14 v13-14 ]
                                          A  prayer.
Dear God we thank you for those people who  served You in very difficulty
circumstances ,who were faithful, and are now blessed in glory, in Jesus name Amen.
                [ I will return to my Blog Monday 2nd of Jan,  every blessing]

No comments: