verse of the day

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Secure [Psalm 121 ]

My wife and I were returning from the supermarket, she was driving, when all of a sudden, a car swerved around the central reservation into our paths. Fortunately my wife swerved, and the car missed us, it could have been so serious, but God protected us. I have driven thousand and thousands of miles I am not a perfect driver, yet God has preserved me form all harm. We live in a potentially dangerous world, we could be the best driver in the world, but that will not stop us being in an accident, being injured, or even killed,now I am not wanting to put fear into you, but rather to encourage
you to look to God, who alone is able to keep us safe, in the battle field, or on the road. It was John Ryland who wrote the following

                                Plagues and deaths around me fly;
                                Till He bids, I cannot die;
                                Not a single shaft can hit,
                                Till the God of love sees fit.

No comments: