verse of the day

Monday 1 November 2010

The preacher.[ 2 Timothy 4 v 1-5 ]

My blog is called ,Bill the preacher, I named it so because I believe God called me to preach, a friend of mine stressed how important preaching was to him. If one is called to preach then it is very important , it is very challenging, we have to discern what we are going to preach on, that in itself is challenging, then we have to study, then preach it, sounds simple, but I can assure you its not , but it is very rewarding.Some people feel in these times it is not so important to preach, but they are wrong, I know the times are changing, but the need for preaching is as vital as ever.The preacher is one who calls people back to Gods word, reminds people continually of the truths of Gods word, to sinner and saint alike. So today pray for preachers ,that they would be faithful to their call, and that they would be guided as to what they preach, and that God would annoint their ministry, to the salvation of souls, and the building up of Gods people.[ Dear God we ask that you would bless all those You have called to preach Your word, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: