verse of the day

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Debt. [ 1 Peter 1 v 18-19]

As I opened up the internet I noticed that the UK is in debt to the little sum of 10 trillion pounds, my goodness how on earth did that happen?. Gone are the days when people did not get into debt, debt is a sign of the times, although many people may now begin to change, mybe not, bad habits are hard to break. Hopefully our country can get out of the hole they have dug for themselves, I pray so, as indeed I pray that the many who are struggling with debt may cope. Of course there is a debt that no one can pay, each sin we commit can be likened to a debt, this debt will not go away, and each day it just keeps mounting up,and up, and up, till the day we die. And here is the point we are absolutley unable to pay that debt off, there is no earthly solution, and the consequences of this debt is horrendous. Thats the bad news ,but the good news, there is one who can clear that debt, His name is Jesus, for that is why He came and died ,to save us from our sins. [ Dear Jesus I ask that You would clear my of sin, that debt I cant clear, Amen]

No comments: