verse of the day

Sunday 14 November 2010

Godlike[ Luke 23 v34]

I was thinking of Joseph how he was carried along by events, in which he had no control over, slavery, imprisonment, prime minister, he had no control over any of those things. Both the bad things and the good things came to him uninvited, the one thing he did have control over was how he reacted. He resisted temptation[ Genesis 39] and he showed a gracious spirit towards those who had wronged him, towards his wicked brothers[ Genesis 50], we do not even read of him getting his own back on the woman who had falsley accused him of rape. He manifested a godlike character, in his forgiving spirit, so it is with us,there will be events that we have no control over, people will wrong us,and hurt us, the challenge is this, how are we going to react?. [ Dear God help me to show a right spirit , when people seek to harm me, help me to be godlike in my attitude in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: