verse of the day

Monday 15 November 2010

Never out of His sight.[ Genesis 16 v13 av]

The choice of David is interesting, a young man in an obscure occupation, out on his own ,each day, looking after sheep, no one could have guessed , including himself ,that he was destined for greatness. The only one who knew about this young man was God, His destiny lay in Gods hands , God had a plan that would take Him from the place of obscurity, to be king. Many of Gods choices saints have come from obscure places, places of humble activity, David Livingstone, John Bunyan, and yet God saw them and raised them up,to serve Him. The point of this ,is none of Gods children are hidden from Him , be they in the most obscure of places, we may not be raised to be a king, but we are the children of a King ,Jesus. He has not forgotten us, as the hymn writer wrote, /His eye is on the sparrow , and I know He watches me./ [ Dear God I thank You that You have not forgotten me, that I am never out of Your sight,and that You will always care for me, I pray this in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: