verse of the day

Friday 5 November 2010

Gambling. [1 Corinthians 6 v12 ]

I dont gamble,It was one of those things one didnt do in Ulster when one became a Christian, also my father gambled, and that caused problems. In the place where I work a number of the workers are clubbing together to do the lottery, I dont judge people if they gamble, as to the rights and wrongs of gambling I am not sure. It does seem to me ,another potential area for people to be sucked in, with the possiblity of it becoming addictive, In 1 Corinthians 6 v12,we read /All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient, all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any/.My study Bible says ,/ Some actions are not sinful in themselves, but they are not appropriate because they can control our life, and lead us away from God/.[ Dear God keep me from anything that could control or destroy my life, in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: