verse of the day

Sunday 7 November 2010

Panic. [ Psalm 91 ]

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs, so wrote the poet, I work with some people who get panic attacks,they have no control over what is happening.There are reasons for their panic attacks,but they appear not able to do anything about them, just hang in there until they subside. Sometimes I feel panic creeping into my heart, things are happening that I dont have any control over, what can I do? , in one of the Fraizer programs , his brother panics and hides under the grand piano,reverting to what he did as a child. In my times of panic I turn more and more to the Psalms, Psalm 91v1-2, comes to mind,it reads, /He who dwells in the secret place of the most High,shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress. My God in Him will I trust. [ Dear God help me when panic is arising in my heart to trust in You, for in You alone is peace and security, in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: