verse of the day

Monday 8 November 2010

The old paths.[ John 3 v16]

In the book of Jeremiah God speaks to His people ,He tells them to return to the old godly paths, and in so doing they would find rest for their souls, and they answered, we will not[ Jeremiah 6v16 ]. As I look at life so much has changed, and much for the better, in so many areas of life, the modern car is better than the old ones, with its power steering, air condition etc. Our homes are better, the advancement in medical care is better, people are better fed, yes there is much that is better.But spiritually things are not better, people have left the old paths, they feel they dont need God, but they do, and they always will, for there is a hole that only God can fill. We need God for time and for eternity,God said ,if they would return to the old paths they would find rest to their souls. Yes ,rest to their souls, it was Jesus who said,/ Come unto me , all ye that labour and , and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me , for I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light . [Matthew 11v 28-30] [ Dear God help this generation return to the old paths, to Jesus Your son. Amen ]

No comments: