verse of the day

Tuesday 16 November 2010

God loves to surprise us. [ Psalm 30 v5 ]

Life can so often throw up surprises, I am listening to Susan Boyle, a lovely singer ,one who has has become a world star,who would have thought it. As we read the Bible we see surprises all the time, nobodies raised to be kings, a young lad defeats a giant,fishermen, tax collectors raised to be apostles,angels suddenly appearing to people,pensioners having children.God manifest in the flesh in the form of a little baby, now that trully is a surprise,to Mary and Joseph it must have been a big surprise.I like to think of God as the God of surprises,the fact that I have lived for 66years, thats a surprise, I was ever so small when I was born, and when I was a youngster I was rescued from drowning, but the greatest surprise is that I am a Christian,and have been following the Lord for 46yrs. Let hope burn in our hearts today,God can surprise us, financial needs can be met,sickness can be healed,a door into employment can open, God is the God of surprises, so dont despair. [Dear God help me not to despair , no matter how difficult it is, let hope arise in my heart, and help me to trust in You, the God who loves to surprise me, in Jesus name .Amen ]

No comments: