verse of the day

Monday 29 November 2010

The dark clouds. [ Romans 8 v28 ]

Still no snow ,thank goodness, but the weather forecast tells us it is only a matter of time, I must confess if I had my way ,snow would be restricted to the Christmas card. I dont really mind snow, it is the fact that I have to drive in it, concerns me, I have had ,a few hairy moments in the past, that have unnerved me.I dont like the cold, but then I think well it may snow, but I have a nice warm home, I have warm clothes, God will watch over me,He does not suddenly disappear ,whatever the weather. Why do we so many times think the worse?, well its part of our human condition, and of course some of us our more pessimistic than others. William Cowper, suffered from mental illness, as a child He was bullied at school ,and I am sure this must of had an affect on him. but he was a man of God,and inspite of his illness ,he expressed words of deep faith, here is a verse of his most famous hymn. /Ye fearful saints fresh courage take, the clouds ye so much dread ,are big with mercy, and shall break with mercy on your head./[ Dear God help me to see beyond the dark clouds in my life, and to trust in You, in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: