verse of the day

Sunday 27 November 2016

I'm coming home. [Luke 15 v 11ff ]

I read this recently,''Sin will take you further than you want to go,keep you
longer than you want to stay,and cost you more than you want to pay''. I do
not know who wrote these words but the are very thoughtful and full of meaning .Lets consider these words, sin will take you further than you want to go,David looked on a married woman,lusted after her,slept with her,and thought that was that.That is as far as he wanted it to go,but sin took him further ,he discovered she was pregnant,and he ended up, having her husband killed,sin had taken him further than he wanted to go.What we see as a one night stand,can lead on a road that that we do not want to be on.There are people in prison who thought they could sin and that was it,but now they are in prison.There are people who clicked unto a sex site on the inter-net,now they are hooked. Yes it is very true ,sin will take you further than you want to go,many people never thought it would, but it has. Jesus told of a young man,who wanted to be free from parental control,and went down a road that practically destroyed him.[Luke 15v 11ff]

                                  I've wandered far away from God;
                                  Now I'm coming home;
                                  The paths of sin too long I've trod;
                                  Lord ,I'm coming home

                                  I've wasted many precious years;
                                  Now I'm coming home;
                                  I now repent with bitter tears;
                                  Lord, I'm coming home.

                                  I'm tired of sin and straying Lord;
                                  Now I'm coming home;
                                  I'll trust Thy love,believe Thy word;
                                  Lord I'm coming home.
                                    
                                  My soul is sick,my heart is sore;
                                  Now I'm coming home;
                                  My strength renew, my hope restore;
                                  Lord , I'm coming home.
                                    [Words by W,J.Kirkpatrick]
.
                                        

No comments: