verse of the day

Monday 14 November 2016

Break the Cross. [ Galations 6 v14 ]

One of the early Christian Fathers,wrote the following,''Glory be to you[Jesus] who laid your cross as a bridge over death,that souls might pass over it from the dwelling of the dead to the dwelling of life''.In this country we are encouraged to be tolerant,and rightly so,but in many lands it is not so.IS
hate all who are not Muslins,and especially those who are Christians,as those lift high the cross,I myself wear a small cross.IS have recently published an article in their on line magazine entitled,''Break the Cross''.
Islam deny that Christ died on the cross,they see Him only as one of a line of prophets,and Mohammed being the prophet who is Gods final and last prophet.Basically Islam is really only an extension of those who believe that
one can only be accepted ,by obedience to His laws,as revealed in the Quran. My answer to that is simple, I do not need another prophet,mankind does not need another prophet,I  need a saviour,because no matter how much the best of men,or women try,they come short of Gods glory.So God did a wonderful thing,He sent Jesus into this sinful world,He was sinless,born without sin,and lived without committing any sin.His final act in life was to die,in the place of sinners,taking the punishment for all those who trust him as their Saviour, and give them freely, eternal life. That death took place on a cross,

                       On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
                       the emblem of suffering and shame;
                       and I love that old cross where the dearest and best,
                       for a world of lost sinner was slain.

                       In that old rugged cross,stained with blood so divine,
                       a wondrous beauty I see;
                       for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died
                       to pardon and sanctify me.

                      So I'll cherish the old rugged cross
                      till my trophies at last I lay down;
                      I will cling to the old rugged cross
                      and exchange it some day for a crown.
                             [ Words.  George Bennard ]
                           

No comments: