verse of the day

Tuesday 29 November 2016

I loved to choose. [Mark 5 v 18 ]

William Barclay wrote,''Christ still needs His witnesses;He needs those who are not so much to die for Him,as to live for Him. The Christian struggle and the Christian glory still exsist''.That applies to most of us,but of course in certain places in the world many are witnessing for Christ by their deaths.What does it mean to live for Christ?,to be missionary?it may mean that,the world needs missionaries.When Jesus healed a demon possessed man,we read that the begged to go with Him.But Jesus did not let him.Rather He said to him,''Go home to your family,and tell them how much the Lord has done for you,and how He has had mercy on you''.[Mark 5 v 18] Someone I know is not happy in their job,would like to move,and I suggested to her that God had her there for a purpose.Dr Bernardo was on his way to China, when He found that God had a work for him to do in London.I sought to serve God on the mission field in Brazil,and various other places,but God brought me to England.Consider how the man begged,to go with Jesus,he was very earnest and sincere,but he was humble and obedient enough to accept what his master said,and serve Him where he was sent.

                        Lead kindly Light,amid the encircling gloom
                        lead Thou me on;
                        The night is dark, and I am far from home;
                        The night is dark,and I am far from home,
                        lead Thou me on.
                        Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
                        the distant scene ;one step enough for me.

                        I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou
                        should lead me on;
                        I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
                        lead Thou me on.
                        I loved the garish day,and spite of fears,
                        pride ruled my will; remember not past years.
                               [ Words J.H.Newman ]

No comments: