verse of the day

Thursday 31 March 2016

A shelter in the time of Storm . [Psalm 61 ]

In Psalm 61v 1-2, we read,/Hear my prayer,O God,attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee,when my heart is overwhelmed;lead me to the rock that is higher than I./As I write these words, a severe storm is raging,garden furniture has been blown over.It reminds me of many of Gods children who are facing severe storms,in so many countries, storms of persecution.There are all sorts of storms,I was asked to pray recently for a couple ,the husband is at the early stages of dementia. Are you in a storm?well what can you do?, you can pray that prayer,  David prayed. It commences,/Hear my cry,O God,listen to my prayer/,we are assured in Gods word that God listens to his childrens prayer,not only listens ,but answers,[Psalm 107]Next we  read,/From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed ,/When I'm far from anywhere,down to my last gasp [T M]/, in other words no matter where you are,and no matter how you feel,God will hear,he is no local diety,He the God of all the earth,and He is your God.Lastly he asks to be lead to the rock that was higher than I,/God is seen as a rock[Psalm 62v2].David was praying to God to keep him safe, and secure from the storm he was in.
                                           A  prayer.
                         O Rock Divine,O Refuge dear:
                         A shelter in the time of storm,
                         Be Thou our helper ever near,
                         A shelter in the time of storm.
                                     Amen.
                               [Words by F.R.Havergal]

No comments: