verse of the day

Sunday 27 March 2016

A sure and certain way. [John 14 v 6 ]

Philip Yancey wrote the following,/Towards the end of his life the artist,Paul Gauguin,painted a huge panelled triptych[a picture on three panels]he scrawled these words in French across a corner of the painting;
'Who are we?Why are we here?Where are we going.-questions he had learned in a Catholic catechism class for which he had still no answers./
When I was young I like many asked myself similar questions,that is ,until I came back to Christ,then things became clear.The question who we are is
absurdly answered by science we are ,just another animal,The Bible tells
us God made us,in His image,that is who we are.Why are we here?God put us here,but because of sin,we have lost sight of God ,and only until we trust Jesus,we will continue to wander lonely as cloud.Where are we going?,with Christ as my Saviour,I do know with absolutely certainty where I am going,heaven here I come.
                                             A  prayer.
Dear God we thank you that in Christ there is a way forward,out of the darkness and into the light,a sure and certain way. Amen.

No comments: