verse of the day

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Regrets. [ Romans 5 v 6-10 ]

 I attended a course in preparation for me eventually being part of the
chaplaincy team at a local hospice.I found it very helpful,for it dealt with such things,as death and dying,loss,grief bereavement care,dignity and respect,listening,responding and communication skills.They were all extremely helpful,I am sure many people would benefit from such a course.
Though I found some of it difficult emotionally to deal with,as it made me focus on the death of my first wife,and how I handled it,the regrets I have in relation to how I handled my boys.I wish I could say that I have no regrets
but the fact is I have many,I cannot join in the song,sung by the little sparrow,no regrets.I am a flawed human being,but this I know that  I am loved by my loving heavenly Father.He knows the best about me and the worst,and yet His love remains constant,there is nothing hidden from Him,
but everyday as I pray and thank Him for Jesus,He whispers, Billy that's how much I love you,and that will never change.
                             
                               How deep the Father's love for us,
                               How vast beyond all measure,
                               That He should give His only Son
                               To make a wretch His treasure.
                                How great the pain of  searing loss-
                               The Father turns His face away,
                               As wounds which mar the Chosen One,
                               Bring many sons to glory.
                                     [Words by Stuart Townend]
                                   

No comments: