verse of the day

Friday 18 March 2016

Secret sins. [ Psalm 139]

There is and old gospel song,with the following words in it,'Forgave the secret sins I do not see,'.Yes often we are blind to those things in our lives,
which unbeknown to us,can be called secret sins.Our Saviour revealed many things that people did not see,He touched on peoples wrong attitude even in their prayer life ,and their giving[Matthew 6  v 1-7]. Their wrong
attitude to money [Matthew 6 v19-21],even to forgiveness[ Matthew 18v21-22].He showed Peter the pride that lurked in his boastful words,that though all men would be offended because of Him,he would not,but he was[Matthew 26 v 31-34].Those who condemned and judged others were shown,that they also stood condemned by their own conscience[John 8v9].
The fact is we are so often blind to so many things in our lives,that can be
classed as sinful,we hold racial attitudes,vengeful thoughts, need I go on,
The words of Jeremiah 17 v9,are so meaningful,/The human heart is the most deceitful of all things ,and desperately wicked.Who really knows how bad he is?/.The answer, we don't,but the Lord does,/I the Lord,search all hearts,and examine secret motives,[17v10].
                                        A prayer.
Search me, O God,and know my heart,test me,and know my anxious thoughts.Point out anything in me that offends you,and lead me along the path of everlasting life.in Jesus name we ask this Amen.
                           [ Words from Psalm 139 v23-24 ]

No comments: