verse of the day

Thursday 24 March 2016

Open the eyes of our understanding. [ John 9 v25]

Iris Murdoch once commented;'We live a fantasy world, a world of illusion.
The great task in life is to find reality.'With so many people watching TV,or working on their computers,one has to ask why?.When I was young I loved to escape reality by going to the cinema,I remember as a child thinking how wonderful it would be to actually live in the cinema.And so it has come to pass as now I have a cinema in my home,in the presence of a large TV. But
now I do not live in a way to escape reality,I know that, is not the answer,
The apostle Paul wrote,that when he was a child,he spoke,and thought,and
reasoned as a child. But when he grew up,he put away childish things.[1 Corinthians 13 v11]My growing up came when I met the Saviour, I had to face the reality of sin,and the reality of what that meant.Real life involves
real problems,that we do well to face up to,and the greatest reality we all have to face is death. Philip Yancey wrote,'Our ancestors feared God;we
moderns fear death.'Do you ? well when I trusted Jesus,I could look at death differently,with Him in my life,I can say,' Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.[Psalm 23 v4 ]
                                           A  prayer.
Dear God open the eyes of our understanding,that we may see what is real and what is unreal,open the eyes of our understanding that we see our need of Christ,who can help us to face lifes realities,in His name we ask this Amen.

No comments: