verse of the day

Monday 28 March 2016

Are you afraid? [Isaiah 41 v10]

One of the characters in the peanut cartoon always carried a security blanket
,children often need reassurance,.I remember when I was very little,feeling scared ,so I ran to were my mother was. To some extent things don't change,even though we are now adults,there are still so many things can cause us to fear.I am sure every time I preach there will be someone who is feeling fear,I am certain that there is someone who is reading this ,is experiencing fear. If you are not experiencing fear ,because everything in the garden is rosy,I can assure you that life being what it is,you will in time come into something that will cause you to feel afraid. That is why continually God  seeks to reassure his children,to not be afraid.Here the word of Lord ,a word for us all,God  says to us all,/Fear not/,hear these words,/Fear not/,because he says,I am with you,whatever you may be facing you are not facing it alone,so be not dismayed.Next we are told ,I am your God,and I will strengthen you,we all need His strength,our strength will fail but his will not.Next He says, I will help you,though all human resources fail,though all human help fail us ,He will not fail us,he will help us.Next He says I will uphold you,you will not go under,the pressure, he will uphold you Isaiah41v10].This is the word of the Lord for you ,claim it ,believe it,and rest in it .
                                              A  prayer.
Dear God you know how prone we are to fear,you know,and so today,helps
by faith to trust your word, for us today ,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: