verse of the day

Friday 1 April 2016

Is it I?. [ Psalm 51 ]

According to Pablo Picasso, a fascist officer barked at him,'Did you do that?,and pointed to a photo of the huge painting Guernica,which graphically depicts the bombing of civilians, 'No, you did',the artist replied.
Sometimes we are blind to the way we are behaving,and the trouble we are causing.King Ahab blamed Elijah for the trouble Israel was having,when in
fact,the king was to blame[  1 Kings 18 v17-18 ].When Nathan the prophet
told King David,of an rich man who was oppressing a poor man David,
became angry,and threatened to have that rich man put to death.Imagine  his surprise and horror when the story was turned on him,when Nathan said to
David, 'you are the man'.The point of all this is,that often we are into denial
as to where the blame really lies,we blame others,we blame circumstances,
we even blame God.As long as we keep doing this ,things will not change,
and whats most important we will never change.When our our Lord told his
disciples that one of them would betray him,they began to say to one another, is it I?. [Mark 14 v19]. Are you into some addiction that is causing
you trouble,but you are unwilling to admit it,not willing to take responsibility,for the mess your in.Is it not time to face your demons,to
acknowledge them,and to pray to Christ to forgive you,and for grace to
change whatever the price.Instead of asking ,is it I?,acknowledge ,that it is you.
                                         A  prayer.
Search me,O God,and know my heart,test me and know my anxious thoughts. And see if there is any offensive way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting. in Jesus name Amen.
                                              

No comments: