verse of the day

Wednesday 27 April 2016

The divine weaver. [Romans 8 v28]

 Joseph had forgiven his brothers,for all the evil they had done to him[ Read
Genesis 45/ 50v13-21] they were anxious that he would punish them,so he spoke to them,and its here, I want to quote Max Lucado,''You meant evil against me''[Genesis 50v20], Joseph told his brothers,using a Hebrew verb that traces its meaning to weave,or plait. You wove evil,he was saying,'' but God rewove it together for good''.This reminds me of a poem I read ,I do not know the author.
                                              The Divine Weaver.
                            My life is but a weaving, between my Lord and me;
                            I cannot choose the colours, He worketh steadily.

                            Often times,He weaveth sorrow and I,in foolish pride,
                            Forget He seeth the upper and I, the underside.

                            Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly,
                            Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.

                            The dark threads are as needful in the weaver's skilful
                            hand,
                            As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has
                            planned.


No comments: