verse of the day

Sunday 10 April 2016

A light for the journey[Psalm 119 v105 ]

While travelling to a friend recently,using my navigational device, I was suddenly faced with a road sign,informing that the road ahead was closed.
I must confess I depend on the navigational device,years ago one used a map book.Faced with the road closed signed I turned around ,but the device kept telling me to turn around.It took me awhile before I got back on track, but thankfully I did,and was able to reach my destination.As a Christian
I am on a journey,and on that journey,I will meet many obstacles,I will be faced with deviations,unexpected signs that tell me the way ahead is blocked.We have no navigational device for life's journey,but we do have
a wonderful resource,its called the word of God,hear is the word for us all today,/Your word is a lamp to my feet,and a light to my path.[Psalm119 v105]/Dependence on Gods word is vital on our journey home,years ago a man was travelling by night,was given a torch of light wood,or ''pitch pine''.
He raised objections,it was too small,it will light you home.He then said,the
wind will blow it out,again he was told,''It will light you home'',then he said,
''but what if it rains ?'',he received the same answer,It will light you home'',
and it did.The word of God will be a lamp to our feet,and a lamp to our path
,it will light our way home.
                                            A prayer.
                      Lead ,kindly light,amid the encircling gloom,
                                         Lead Thou me on.
                      The night is dark,and I am far from home,
                                         Lead Thou me on.
                      Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
                      The distant scene; one step enough for me.
                            [Words by John Henry Newman.]
                       
                              

No comments: