verse of the day

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Just one look. [1Corintians 10 v 12-13 ]

I was walking through my favourite store,where I buy much of my clothes,
and as I was looking at different items,I said to God,no not my wife,I am only looking.In other words I was saying To Him ,I was not going to buy to
buy anything, but I was tempted,as I viewed a certain article,but I reminded
myself what I had said to the Lord. Yet I was tempted,I have since thought of three people in the Bible who did what I did ,they just looked,the result was disastrous.The first one was Eve,the mother of humanity,after the devil had tempted her ,she looked,at the forbidden fruit[CP Genesis3 v 6].
The next person was Achan who looked,and took ,what God had forbidden
[Joshua 7v 21].Then there was that wonderful holy man, David,who looked at a married woman,and you can guess the rest.[2Samuel 11 v2 ]Each of these people looked and then they coveted,and brought disaster and pain on others and themselves.Right at this moment many people like them,are fixing their gaze on something or someone,that if they allow temptation to take hold,one can easily imagine what may happen.So let us all listen to warnings of scripture,the Bible tells us let him[or her] who thinketh that he/she ,standeth,be careful lest he,or she,falls.

                           Yield not to temptation,for yielding is sin
                           Each victory will help you some other to win;
                            Fight manfully onward,dark passions subdue,
                           Look ever to Jesus,He'll carry you through.

                            Ask the Saviour to help you,
                            Comfort,strengthen ,and keep you;
                            He is willing to aid you,
                            He will carry you through.
                                 [Horatio Palmer.  1868 ]

No comments: