verse of the day

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Filled with fear [Psalm 23]

 Writing on Peter ,when he acted in a detrimental way to the gospel,and when the apostle Paul had to challenge him,and remind him of the truths of the gospel,and that what he was doing was wrong[Galations2 11-16]. John  Stott writes,/Paul knew Peter was acting from fear,not conviction,and even
Barnabas,inspite of everything he had seen during their first missionary
journey,was carried away by the flood and led astray/Fear can cause us to forget Gods truth,Gods promises,and cause us to act contrary to our held conviction based upon Gods word.Dear child of God are you filled with fear,are you acting out of fear,stop and remind yourself that God is with you.Retire into some quite place and talk to your Loving heavenly Father,
remind yourself that He is in control,and that He has promised to provide for you,to care for you 24/7.
                            The Lord is my Shepherd,I shall not want,
                             He maketh me to lie down in green patures,
                             He leadeth me beside still waters.
                             He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths
                            of righteousness for His names sake.
                             Yea though I walk through the valley of death I
                             fear no evil:for Thou art with me.
                             Thou prepares a table before me in the presence
                              of my enemies:Thou anointest my head with oil,
                              my cup runneth over.
                               Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the
                              days of my life,and I will dwell in the house of the
                               Lord for ever.
                                           [Psalm 23]
                             
                          
                                

No comments: