verse of the day

Friday 18 December 2015

A new song [Psalm 40 v3]

In Luke 2v 13,we read how the angels praised God,at the birth of Jesus,it is called ,'the angels song of adoration.W Hendriksen,/If  the word song is used in its broadest meaning,not necessarily being a description set to music
....but rather of words which because of the parallelistic structure can be adapted to music, then we may speak of the angels song of adoration/ the birth of Jesus before and after is filled with song,the song of Mary[Luke 1v46-56].the song of Zachariah [LK 1 v67-80],the song of Simeon [LK 2 V25-32]. In the OT we have the Psalms which were sung in the temple,by a choir.It is in Psalm 40v3, we read,/And He hath put a new song in my mouth,even praise unto our God/. He was praising God for his deliverance,
ever since God delivered me I have had a song in my heart.For most of my Christian life I have had a song,a song of deliverance,a song of praise,most of the songs I have sung have been written by godly people. They have become my song,I remember my wife telling me how a well known Gospel
singer,sang to his dying sister. I remember a young Christian being critical
of a certain Christian songs,he did not see much difference between that and
a non Christian song,as to the music.He had point,as regards the music,but he missed the point,its the words, that are important.The words transport us to the eternal realms,reminding us of eternal truths and eternal values,yes God has placed a new song in the Christians heart,and on their lips,even praise unto our God.
                                          A  prayer.
Dear God we thank you for the song you put in our hearts,and upon our lips,in Jesus name Amen.
                                

No comments: