verse of the day

Sunday 23 April 2017

Troubles. [ Psalm 55 v 22 ]

Recently two ladies who are Christians, deeply impressed  me how they coped. Their dear husband suffered, and they ministered, to them, until they went to be with the Lord . I heard recently about a dear Christian who was in a hospice ,who also manifested a wonderful reality, of Christ. In the word of God we have people being delivered out of trouble, sickness, and so many different trials. But we have many who had to endure trials,David,
Job, Stephen, Paul, John, and many others. Yes the others ,who were torture, faced jeering and flogging, were chained and put in prison. They were stoned, sawed in two, put to death by the sword ,went about in sheepskins, and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves, and holes in the ground.
[Hebrews 11 v35ff]A dear person I know, who is suffering a lot wrote the following prayer.

                           Dear God I  don't ask you to make my life
                           easier, but I ask you to give me the strength
                           to face all my troubles. Amen.


                                     

No comments: