verse of the day

Tuesday 25 March 2014

The author [ Hebrews 4 v12]

I  have a kindle in which I can download books ,it is a wonderful blessing,because it gives me access to a vast selection of books. I was looking through a book list ,under each book the authors name appears. My eyes fastened on one, the Bible ,and underneath I read ,by God,I smiled when I read this.Yes the author of the Bible is God, so when we pick it up to read, we are in actual fact reading the word of God.In Gods Sovereignty He has brought it into being, and in His sovereignty, He has preserved it,although it has been translated into many languages, it is still  Gods word,it contains history,but it is not a history book,it is a sacred history, It is not a science book ,but it tell us what science does not know,that God created this world,it tells why man  commits so much evil,sin.It tells us of the consequence of sin,spiritual death,which resulted in eternal separation from God. Here is the good news ,woven into this book, from Genesis to Revelation, we have Gods answer to sin and its consequence, His name is Jesus,we are told that God so loves this world that He  gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believed in Him would not perish but have everlasting life[John 3v16]
A  prayer...../ Dear God we thank You for Your word,bless it everywhere today that it is read, and taught,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: