verse of the day

Monday 24 March 2014

Not just a job. [1 Corinthians 13]

I have been working at the same job for about 22yrs,it has never just been a job,I believe God has given me a ministry among the mentally ill.Sometimes I feel like a father figure,I suppose it could be easy,to become cynical,and untouched by those suffering from this illness,but this has never been the case. Recently I  cried in relation to a dear clients condition,I am glad I did,for it reassures me that I care for those I work with, that as I said it is not just a job. It is in 1 Corinthians 13 that we are reminded that where is a lack of love,then we are a failure,no matter how noble we may act,no matter how much we sacrifice,if love is lacking,it counts for nothing in Gods sight. Everything God does is out of a heart of love,He loves ,and loves,and loves, and loves,we cannot out do Him, but we are  called  to be children of God to  love, and love and love.
A prayer...  /Dear God of  love,forgive us for our lack of love,in judging others,in not helping others,of  just doing our duty,forgive us in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: